I’m thinking out loud this Thursday with a fun running quiz. We all know how much I like to talk about running and not that I’m back at it I can’t stop thinking about it <3
1. Would you rather run on a beach path or a mountain trail?
This is tough. I’m going to have to say beach path. I’d rather hike a mountain trail so I can take time to soak in all the gorgeousness.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
BLEH! I’d choose Nuun instead, in the Watermelon flavor :)
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would you purchase with it?
New shoes. I’ve been an Asics girl for all of my running “career,” but since becoming preggo, I’ve been digging the Mizunos. I think the wider fore foot is much more comfy.
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan, or wake up and decide how far and fast you want to go?
TRAINING PLAN! Although, right now all of my runs are random, whatever I feel like, but you better believe I love following a plan. Type A baby!
5. Would you rather start your run with an uphill and end with a downhill, or start with a downhill and end with an uphill?
Start with up end with down.
6. When you can’t run, what kind of cross training do you choose to do?
Elliptical, Pilates, Body Pump!!!, Biking.
7. What is your preference: out-and-back, point-to-point, or loop?
Point to point or loop. Not much of a difference to me. As long as the scenery changes and I don’t have to think about “running this section again”, I’m good to go :)
8. If you could recommend any running gear or items to a new runner, what would it be?
To get fitted for their first pair of shoes (gait analysis). Having the correct shoe for your how YOU run and YOUR anatomy is oh so important. It will do wonders for your feet, legs, muscles and running.
9. Do you see any animals on your runs?
The usual birds and squirrels, sometimes snakes and alligators. One time a gator almost crossed my path and I was scared to death! Let’s just say I ran faster than ever after that… zig zag of course ;)
10. Ever gotten lost while on a run?
Yes, but it was a wonderful getting lost scenario. Todd and I were running around Varese (outside of Milan), Italy.
11. If you could have one meal ready and waiting for you at home after each run for the next 30 days what would it be?
Chocolate milk (or a shake) and pancakes. Hands down. Even if the run is later in the day. They are simple, somewhat bland (but still uber delicious) so I can stomach them right after a run. If it was 2 hours after a run, I’d say pizza! Obviously.
12. Capris or shorts? which do you run in most?
Shorts. I think I’ve run in capris less than 10 times in my life and those were only because it was freezing out.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into a run do you feel like your body is completely warmed up?
Depends on the day, but usually between 2-3.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I put it in the little pocket in my shorts :)
15. If you could relive any race that you’ve done in the past, what would it be?
BOSTON! Fo’ sho! That was the most incredible experience and I know one day I’ll be back. You’d think it would be my PR race, but shoot, that race was HARD, haha.
16. What type of run is your lease favorite?
Runs that I go into with a negative mindset. Usually these are the ones that start in super hot and humid weather and I already have in my mind that the weather is going to make a hard run even harder.
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or go somewhere to start?
Both. And sometimes I don’t leave my front door and run on our treadmill :)
18. When running in daylight, are sunglasses a must or just an annoyance?
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Knowing that even the crappiest runs make you better. Sometimes its the runs that you push through, even if you don’t hit your goal, that trains your mind. I think that people forget that so much about running is mental and runs that make you want to quit only build that mental toughness!
Answer a question!