5 Things Friday!
Thursday: 2 miles @ 8:35 pace on treadmill
Yay for running! After consulting my “coach”(Todd) we decided that after 2.5 weeks of rest, it was time to give running a shot again. My glute doesn’t feel too much better than it did before my rest break, but I think this might be like my knee and need more of an active recovery than just plain old rest. We’ll see.
Friday: 6 miles @ 8:35 pace on treadmill
I woke up this morning feeling the same as every other morning in the glute department. I was worried I was going to be super sore and since I wasn’t tried a run a but longer. I could still feel my glute the whole time, but it didn’t hurt. I kept things nice and slow, no incline or increasing the speed toward the end like I normally do. Tomorrow I’m going to rest and then try a “long run” Sunday.
My facebook and blog roll were blown up today with “5 Things Friday” posts, so I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Here we go!
1) I found this mini banana at Publix the other day…
and high hopes for a cute little banana inside…
2) During my run today I watched Kelly and Michael. The viewer who was called to do “Splash Dance Travel Trivia” was a pregnant woman who announced the sex of her baby on the show! How cool is that? AND she won a prize trip to Mexico. Lucky Lady.
3) Riley is a spoiled Bi***. She’s a female dog, so I’m allowed to call her that. Whenever I run on the treadmill I feel bad for her and keep treats stashed in one of the cup holders to throw to her through out my run 🙂
You would think me running on the treadmill would be better for Ry girl, because at least I’m home, right? But the way I see it, I’m just teasing her. I get to run and she doesn’t. So, I make it up to her and give her treats… sue me.
4) PRO Compression released thier new Sock Of the Month (SOM). It is right up my alley!
As usual, you can save 40% off this sock and Team PC Running Visors, plus free US shipping when you enter coupon code SWRL at checkout! Neon Pink and Yellow. Holla!
5) I am pretty excited for the weekend! Saturday I’m doing Body Pump nice and early so I can head over to a local farmers market and get some produce after. The price of vegetables at Publix have been out of control lately. I mean, $2.69/lb for green beans, zucchini and squash? What?! I’ve eaten so much broccoli lately I think I’m going to turn into a broccoli stalk! After the market I’m hoping to hang out with the BFF Ashley before she goes back to school next week… she’s a teacher 🙂 She has spent this past week in Naples living the high life, soaking up her last week of vacay, so I miss her. Then on Sunday we are finally celebrating my dad’s birthday and my mom always makes THE BEST chocolate cake EVER for him. Since she made him a German Chocolate Cake for Father’s Day instead, it has been way too long since I had her signature chocolate cake. I’m salivating just thinking about it.
Do you have fun plans for the weekend?