Bonefish Grill Pumpkin Ravioli

24 Sep

WORKOUT

Monday: 4 miles @ 8:28 pace on treadmill/ Abs video

Easy recovery run in Orlando. My legs were surprisingly not sore today. Must have been the massage Todd gave me Sunday night :)

Tuesday: 6 miles @ 8:20 pace on treadmill/ Body Pump

My run was blah. Hotel treadmill running is the pits. I had to miss pilates because I was in Orlando for work :( BUT I went to a night BP class to make up for it.

******

Sunday after my annoying rainy, sunny run, I needed some cheering up… A cup of Cafe du Monde only did half the trick… I needed some more goodness in my belly. We had a gift certificate to Bonefish Grill, so that made our decision easy.

We started off with bread… Duh! I didn’t take a picture but here is a random Google pic…

Sadly, I was disappointed. I remember it being SO MUCH better! Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad, Todd and I each ate a loaf, but it wasn’t great either. If this meal wasn’t on a long run day, I would have only had 1 piece. The dipping sauce was very tasty!

Todd got the Kobe Beef Burger. We NEVER order burgers when we go out to eat and with Todd leaving for Taiwan soon, he figured why not splurge.

IMAG1232It was mmm mmm good! There was a “special sauce” on the bun that really put it over the top. The green beans were good, but nothing to write home about. On to my choice… drum roll please….

IMAG1231

Grilled rainbow trout with mango salsa, ratatouille and PUMPKIN RAVIOLI with fried sage! Everything about this meal was perfect. The trout was perfectly seasoned, the mango salsa was on point and the ratatouille was very flavorful, although I could have gone for a bigger portion of it. The star of the show was obviously the ravioli. The fried sage on top was actually pretty good. The pumpkin filling had the perfect amount of sweetness without making it dessert like. There were little pieces of sauteed onion and some kind of cheese in the pumpkin mix, too. Seriously, these little rounds of deliciousness were awesome.

Speaking of awesome… guess who is becoming a pro at using chop sticks? My main man! (OK, my only man, haha)

IMAG1233

I’ve been making him practice using them at dinner time. Hey… I’m doing it for his own good! Look at those skill with the pasta. He ate the WHOLE bowl with chop sticks. Patient guy.

I’ve been meaning to share with you guys the ProCompression Sock of the Month: Chevron pattern baby.

null

Save 40% plus get free US shipping when you enter coupon code CHV at checkout!

Have you tried pumpkin ravioli?

Are you good with chop sticks?

About these ads

18 Responses to “Bonefish Grill Pumpkin Ravioli”

1. Ani September 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM #

I have never tried pumpkin ravioli, but I love the butternut squash ravioli at Biaggi’s!! It has a walnut and sage sauce that is unbelievable!! Perfect intro to fall :)

• Heather September 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM #

Mmm a walnut sage sauce sounds delicious! And I’m betting butternut squash ravioli would taste pretty similar. You’re right, Perfect intro to fall!

2. Windy City Running Girl September 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM #

Fried sage reminds me of home. My parents used to top our steaks with it and it is so delicious!

• Heather September 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM #

I didn’t know you could actually eat it. I had to ask, haha. It would be SO good on steak! Thanks for the idea :)

3. Brittany September 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM #

It’s hit or miss with my and chop sticks. I never hold them right, but I do get food into my mouth somehow with them at times.

• GiGi Eats Celebrities September 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM #

We commented at the SAME EXACT TIME… Twins! ;)

• Heather September 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM #

You two really are twiners! We need a blogger meet up!

• GiGi Eats Celebrities September 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM #

OMG that would be AMAZING!! I hear and read about all these blogger conferences/meet ups/ etc! And I wonder… “Why was I not invited to the PAR-TAY?”!

• Heather September 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM #

Right?! Let’s plan our own. I say you ladies come down to FL… just sayin ;)

• GiGi Eats Celebrities September 28, 2013 at 1:03 PM #

And we can ALL GO TO DISNEYWORLD!!

• Heather September 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM #

Food to mouth is all that matters!

4. GiGi Eats Celebrities September 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM #

That rainbow trout with ratatoullie looks RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! I guess I am going to have to find me a BONE FISH GIRLL… Looks YUM! :)

• Heather September 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM #

They had tilapia on the menu… but I knew better thanks to a certain someone ;)

• GiGi Eats Celebrities September 25, 2013 at 8:40 PM #

YES! I am THRILLED. BEYOND THRILLED that my voice is in your head!!

5. Ellen September 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM #

We had dinner at Bonefish Grill last night. I had the Vintner’s Kobe Beef Burger Special and ordered the Pumpkin Ravioli as my side dish. Oh. My. Word. It was WONDERFUL & now I’m googling to find a copycat recipe. I had the leftovers today for lunch & nothing was lost in the reheating.

• Heather September 29, 2013 at 6:20 PM #

So good, right?! Wish the description of the ravioli was a bit more detailed so I could figure out what was in it :) Pass along the recipe if you find a similar one! We didn’t have any left overs… we never do, haha

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A Running Study, My Kind of PSL and a BDay Party | Heather Runs Fast - September 2, 2014

[…] love anything and everything Pumpkin. Pumpkin in my oatmeal, in my shakes, in soups, in ravioli. My mom always makes me something pumpkin for my birthday. Usually it’s pumpkin cheesecake, […]

2. WIAW: A Day Off of Work | Heather Runs Fast - October 1, 2014

[…] It wasn’t super cheesy, but did have a nice hint of ricotta. It was perfect. Even better than Bonefish Grill’s from last year. I love the bright colors, too. I had to have some greens, so I paired it with brussel sprouts […]