One Reeeeaaaaaallllyyyyy Long Day!


I know that I normally list my workouts at the beginning of each post, but while I’m in Asia I won’t be running regularly. So, I’m going to just jump right into the fun stuff from here on out, including any running in the regular post. Okay? Okay ๐Ÿ™‚


Let me tell you, getting from Tampa, FL to Kaohsiung, Taiwan to meet Todd took FOREVER!!! My flight from Tampa left at 7am. 5.5 hours later I was in LA. 12 hours later I was in Tokyo, with no sleep thanks to a crying baby and my lack of ability to sleep on planes. 4 hours later I was in Taipei, where I was to spend the night and catch the high speed rail to Kaohsiung and then a taxi to our hotel. Well, my flight to Taipei was 45 minutes late and by the time I got a shuttle to the hotel, got checked in and called Todd to tell him I made it there safely, it was 11:30pm. I set up a shuttle to take me to the high speed rail at 11 am and breakfast was until 10:30, so I set an alarm for 9:30… plenty of time to catch up on some sleep, shower, grab breakfast and hit the road.

Sounds like a great plan, until my alarm didn’t go off and I wake up, look at the clock and see it’s 10:29 am. WTF?! I literally pulled on my clothes from the previous day, sans underwear because I couldn’t find any (I didn’t unpack since I was only going to be there for one night) and ran to breakfast. They were putting everything away, and I asked the lady if they had oatmeal. She didn’t speak much English but said “oh, oh, yes,” and pointed to a man. He proceed to make me an omelet, haha. I guess oatmeal kind of sounds like omelet if you don’t speak English, haha. That was fine. I also managed to grabย 2 pieces of toast, one with PB and one with Nutella and some stir fried veggies (remember, I’m in Taiwan). There was no coffee left. Sigh.

After I ate, I went to the front desk to ask if I could get a shuttle at 11:30 instead of 11. She said they only ran every hour. So I asked for 12, but that shuttle was full. UGH. It’s 1.5 hours to Kaohsiung and I didn’t want to leave at 1 so I asked what time it was (10:59am) and if she could hold the shuttle for 5 minutes so I could go up and grab my luggage. I quickly brushed my teeth- a must- found underwear, peed and headed downstairs. Thankfully they waited for me! I got to the train station, purchased my ticket and was on my way to see my man!!!


On the train I got a yummy snack mix and COFFEE!!! Yes! Compared to hours of flying, this was a short trip and between the snack, coffee and Running Times magazine, I was at my destination in no time. As I walked out into the terminal, who do I see but my one and only handsome husband! He wasn’t sure if he’d be able to get off work, but there he was. Not gonna lie, I shed a few tears and I ran towards him. So much has happened since he was gone and it took what seemed like forever to get there, that I was overcome with emotion. FINALLY, in my love’s arms.

Sorry for the lack of pictures… I honestly wasn’t in blog mode for the beginning of the trip, but I PROMISE my next post will be filled with pictures of our fun adventures!

This article has 10 comments

  1. Lobe!!! I’m so happy you’ve made it into Todd’s arms! Eeeek!! I’m proud of you traveling on planes, trains, and automobiles without anyone’s help – you’re pretty amazing!! Enjoy the sites, the food, the memories, and your MAN! Love you!! Be safe!!!

  2. What a trip. So glad you made it safely! And I’m happy you’re with Todd. I can only imagine what it feels like for him to be away for so long ๐Ÿ™

  3. Pingback: Kaohsiung | Heather Runs Fast

  4. Pingback: Merry Christmas | Heather Runs Fast

Comments are closed.